6 Anatomy Models Required
Earn and Learn!
Thurs 9th & Fri 10th Nov 2017
Derriford Hospital, Plymouth
We need 6 Anatomy modes for the South West Regional Anaesthesia Course to be held on Thurs 9th and Fri 10th November 2017. This is a great chance to learn some anatomy whilst earning money!
You will be one of 6 models undergoing ultrasound examination of the major nerves – different groups of doctors (all Anaesthetists) will be looking at the shoulder/neck area, the upper and lower arm, and the abdomen/groin/upper thigh/back of knee, and the spine. We will allocate you to groups depending on how easy it is to visualise your nerves in a particular area (this can vary between individuals).
Ultrasound examination is very safe and there are no known risks or adverse effects to you in taking part.
You will need to partially undress to enable access to the areas we will be demonstrating/ scanning – this may include exposing your tummy and upper leg/groin.
We will ensure your modesty is preserved! You will need to wear clothing that allows easy access to these areas, whilst keeping you decent.
As a guide, on past courses models have worn T-shirts/shorts over bathing costumes/ swimwear.
As compensation for your time you will receive £50 cash/day. Free lunch also provided. You will be required from 09:30 -17:00.
The venue is the Postgraduate centre at the Derriford Hospital, Plymouth (see https://www.sowra.org.uk/sowra-ra-course#venue)
• Please include your name, which days available and a contact mobile phone number.
• Places will be allocated on a first come first served basis.
• If you can only make one day then you may still volunteer (but you must be available for the whole day)
• We will also require some reserve models who may be contacted at short notice – please indicate if you would be happy acting as a reserve (reserves will not receive payment unless they are called upon to participate).
• Further details will be sent to successful applicants
Please do not volunteer unless you intend to honour the commitment – last minute cancellations cause us lots of problems.
Dr Matt Oldman & Dr Kim Chishti Course Organisers