Venue: Seale - Hayne, Nr.Newton Abbot, Devon
Cost: £100 Consultants/SAS £80 Trainees
The 2014 SOWRA Annual Scientific Meeting & Workshops are being organised this year by Torbay Hospital, led by Dr A.McEwen.
Providing an update in current topics in regional anaesthesia, as well as the opportunity to learn new skills from experts within the region, we aim to offer something for everyone.
- Suprascapular blocks for shoulder surgery
- Short acting spinal anaesthetics
- Blocks for #NOF surgery
- Blocks for #Ankle surgery
- Compartment syndrome pro/con debate
- 4 workshop stations
Abstracts (up to 250 words) are invited from trainees for a poster presentation on a topic relating to regional anaesthesia. Audit, original research, case reports and reviews will all be considered.
The competition is open to all trainee grades. Career grades may also apply to enter but are not eligible for the prize.
A prize of £300 will be awarded to the best trainee submission. The prize must be used to fund further education in regional anaesthesia (e.g to attend a meeting).
Factors to be taken into account during the judging will include relevance of topic, importance of findings, evidence of an effect upon practice, multi-disciplinary input and the quality of presentation.
In the event of insufficent competition or poor general standard, the judging panel reserves the right not to award a prize. Prize money will be released to the winner upon receipt of details of how it will be used.
CLOSING DATE 12:00 Fri 19th May 2017.
Applicants should submit an abstract of not more than 250 words, using Microsoft Office, detailing their completed project. You may include one black and white figure and three key references in standard format (instruction listed below). The whole should not exceed one page of A4 and should comply with the following instructions:
- All arial font
- All font size 10pt
- All sizing the same
- All alignment the same
- Text justified
- All headings the same
- All bullets the same
- If references are referred to in the text then they are numbers should be superscript or in square brackets, not both
- No full stops are used to indicate abbreviation ie Dr. or M.D.
- Lecture titles are in sentence case.
- 24 hour clock used throughout
- References should be surname followed by initials, no punctuation in between initials. Journal titles in italics followed by year and semi colon, then a space and then volume number in bold followed by a colon and then page numbers and fullstop. Page numbers only need show the relevant section numbers eg 6543-5. or 675-96.
- Pereira J, Lawlor P, Vigano A, Dorgan MB, Bruera E. Equianalgesic dose ratios for opioids. A critical review and proposals for long term dosing. J Pain Symptom Manage 2001; 22:672-87.
Hannahs at Seale-Hayne, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 6NQ
Hannahs at Seale-Hayne is conveniently located just off the main A38 on the A383 between Newton Abbot and Ashburton.
Location and travel details may be found here: http://www.discoverhannahs.org/Visitors/howtofindus.cfm
During your stay you are welcome to take a stroll through the stunning grounds and take full advantage of the other facilities such as the galleries, shops, Bistro and wine bar.