Date: Fri June 9th 2017
Venue: Bedruthan Steps Hotel, Mawgan Porth, Nr Newquay
Cost: £120 Consultants/SAS £70 Trainees
Registration: Online registration is now open here
A day of Regional Anaesthesia hot topics, recent updates and practical applications for the generalist and regional enthusiast alike.
All set against the backdrop of the Bedruthan Steps hotel, one of the most enviable locations on the north coast of Cornwall
CPD: 5 CPD Points applied for
Local organiser: Dr R Langford - Royal Cornwall Hospital, Truro
- Trunk blocks for elective surgery and trauma- which ones and are they really worth it?
- Are perineural catheters obsolete?
- Current evidence: cancer recurrence and chronic pain
- What lurks beneath the spinal: neuraxial pathology that can catch you out.
- Combined image-guided lumbar/sacral plexus blocks for orthopaedics- an alternative to fascia iliaca
- Complications- aetiology and how to manage potential nerve damage.
- Hands-on ultrasound neuroanatomy and blocks
- Trainee presentation & prize
Key note speaker: Dr Amit Pawa, Consultant Anaesthesthetist, Guys & St Thomas Hospital
Meeting closes 16:25