SOWRA invites trainees within the peninsula deanery to apply for funds up to £600 to fund a venture to further develop training or experience in the field of regional anaesthesia.
The proposed activity must have a substantial RA component which must be the primary focus of the trip.
Applications where the RA exposure is incidental, e.g a non RA project in a developing country, will not be approved.
Example applications might be to attend an international meeting at which the applicant is presenting, or to assist in funding a regional anaesthetic secondment at another centre (either within the UK or overseas).
- There will be up to 2 bursaries awarded in each calendar year.
- Bursaries will be awarded on a case-by-case basis, following review by the SOWRA board.
- Candidates will be notified of the result within 4 weeks of application.
- Receipts will need to be forwarded to SOWRA as a condition of award.
- SOWRA reserves the right not to award funds if the quality of application is deemed inadequate or falls outside the
Applications for funding must be made prospectively - retrospective applications will not normally be considered.
Download application form